YOUR HEALTH IS OUR PRIORITY
This pandemic has forced us to rethink how we can continue to provide the highest standard of care in the absolute safest environment possible. In doing so, over the past months we have updated many of our office protocols to reflect this commitment to you.
Employee Health Screenings
- All staff and doctors undergo a daily health screening and temperature check.
- Employees suffering from illnesses are required to stay home until they have clearance from a physician to return to work and have received supervisor approval.
- Employees who have traveled to a country with a CDC Level 3 Travel Notice are required to self-quarantine for 14 days prior to returning to work.
- Employees are required to wear masks at all times and follow strict hand hygiene protocols.
Scheduling and Social Distancing
- We are limiting the number of appointments per time-slot for the safety of our patients and team while also allowing us to take care of patients in acute pain.
- Prior to scheduling an appointment, a pre-screening questionnaire will be completed.
- Patients experiencing flu-like symptoms (including but not limited to fever, cough, sore throat, nausea, vomiting, difficulty breathing, change in smell/taste) will kindly be asked to reschedule.
Checking-in and Social Distancing
- We will be providing hand sanitizing gel and checking your temperature when you arrive to our office.
- We request that you arrive alone if possible to allow for social distancing in the office.
- All patients must wear a mask while in the office except during treatment.
- All patients will be required to wash their hands and rinse with a 1% hydrogen peroxide rinse prior to treatment.
Sterilization and Infection Control
The fundamental guiding principle of our infection control procedures are based on guidelines set forth by the American Dental Association (ADA), U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) – namely UNIVERSAL PRECAUTIONS. This concept states that all patients should be treated as infectious since some with infections can be asymptomatic and/or unaware they are infected.
- All dental instruments are disinfected and heated sterilized in hospital grade steam autoclave machines and packaged and sealed in sterile pouches until your appointment.
- Meticulous surface sterilization procedures (using EPA approved disinfectants for use against SARS-CoV-2) are followed to clean and disinfect each operatory between every patient.
- Thorough disinfection of high touch surfaces (e.g. door handles, door knobs, tables, chairs, counter tops, pens, clipboards) after each patient.
- Magazines have been removed from our waiting room due to difficulty with cleaning and disinfecting.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- The PPE we use in our office is designed to protect both our patients and our team members to prevent cross-contamination.
- Our daily PPE includes full coverage gowns, eye protection (goggles, face shields), surgical masks, N95 or KN95 respirators, latex-free gloves and surgical caps
Please view and share our latest COVID-19 Symptom Comparison Chart with your friends and family.
For further information, including measures to keep yourself healthy, visit the following links:
- Prevention: View CDC Guidelines
- Symptoms: View Information from the CDC
- Steps When Sick: View the Steps